Transition to T Level – Plastering
This one-year T Level Transition Programme has been designed to give you the best chance of progressing onto your chosen T Level – and successfully completing it.
It’s been developed with leading businesses, schools and colleges to help you gain the knowledge, skills, and work experience that you will need for your next step, and that employers look for in future employees.
You can expect to:
– Gain technical knowledge and practical skills
– Undertake industry-based work experience
– Develop relevant English, maths and digital skills
– Benefit from focused individual support and personal development
The course encompasses the certificate in plastering (dry lining) and the certificate in plastering (fibrous).
Some of the units covered in this course could include:
– Principles of construction
– Internal plastering and fixing of sheet material
– Direct bond, taping and jointing
– Applying external rendering
You will achieve this by undertaking an assortment of carefully composed study components including core and specialist modules, a tutorial programme, and the opportunity to improve your GCSE Maths and English. The course supports you in developing your study skills and an experience of working in the construction and maintenance-based sectors, by completing a work placement.
Assessment will be through a variety of methods which could include practical activities, written activities or externally assessed content.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), preferably including GCSE Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English you will continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 2 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills before progressing to your next level course
YOu will be required to have a grade 4 in Maths and English or a Level 1 qualification.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in going on to study a Plastering Apprenticeship.
Facilities and resources
Practical sessions will be taught in our fully equipped workshops.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.