Understanding Depression (CPD)
This course aims to give you the knowledge required to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding depression and anxiety an essential skill for anyone who works with individuals who have depression and anyone who would like more information on this subject for personal reasons. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– The meaning of depression: In this section, you will look at the difference between feeling low and clinical depression, alongside examining the key facts about depression.
– The cause of depression: In this section, you will cover the causes and symptoms of depression and will also look at individual experiences and case studies from those who have experienced the condition.
– The effects of psychotic depression: In this section, you will understand exactly what psychotic depression is, develop the skills required to identify those suffering from it and begin to explore ways in which to begin dealing with the condition.
– Effects on the individual, family and friends: You will understand how depression affects an individuals life, as well as the lives of their family and close friends.
– How the demands of daily life can maintain depression: This section covers the demands of modern, daily life and how they can manifest themselves into various forms of depression. You will also be introduced to techniques for managing these pressures and demands.
– Depression management and support: You will cover the possible treatments and local resources which can help sufferers of depression and psychotic depression.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study the following courses: Alcohol Awareness, Understanding Eating Disorders.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.