Understanding Stress (CPD)
UK employers reported that 12.5 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in 2016/17*, so learning to manage stress can have a significant, positive effect on your mental well-being. This course aims to give you the knowledge required to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding stress and raise awareness of the harmful effects stress can have on individuals and those closest to them. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– The definition of stress: In this section, you will understand the definition of stress, the causes and effects of stress and internal and external demands of stress and how these can be effectively managed.
– Causes of stress: You will examine in greater detail: the main causes of stress, stress in the workplace and the general fear of feeling a lack of control over ones own life.
– The effects of stress: In this section, you will identify the physical effects of stress, the body’s reaction to stress and the possible side-effects it can have on our health.
– Internal and external demands in daily life that can cause stress: You will cover, in more detail, the internal and external demands present in daily life that can cause and heighten levels of stress.
– Stress management and support: This section introduces the steps that can be taken to reduce the arduous demands we experience in life which can lead to stress.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study the following courses: COSHH Risk Assessment, Health and Safety in the Workplace, Manual Handling Safety at Work, Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.