What is Active Travel?
Active Travel is a term used to describe forms of travel that are active and also sustainable, such as walking and cycling. It is a healthy and sustainable means of transport.
Why Choose Active Travel to and from Petroc?
Active and sustainable travel has a wide range of benefits:
- Improves health and wellbeing
- Reduces congestion
- Improves local air quality
- Quieter and safer streets
- Improved community relationships
- Financial savings
How can you make Active Travel choices?
- Check out our downloadable maps on the side of this page for cycle routes around our Barnstaple and Tiverton Campuses
- Visit Travel Devon to get your free personalised travel plan
- Visit the Sustrans website for information about active and sustainable travel
- Find a group of people to walk or cycle to college with every day to keep you motivated!
Sustrans are currently working with Petroc College to help students transform their everyday journeys. Using our unique insight into the challenges of promoting Active Travel, we support students and staff in choosing to walk and cycle for more of their everyday journeys.
For more information on this project or to get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org