Please note: Following updated guidance from the Government, Petroc has moved to online learning with no college attendance.
Access to Higher Education (HE) Diplomas are specially designed for students who do not hold the required qualifications to study at degree level. They prepare you for higher-level study and are fantastic for those looking to retrain in a new career, or perhaps return to education as a mature student.
As well as offering you the opportunity to build confidence and study skills, Access courses offer vital experience of university-level study and ensure learners can work towards a degree with confidence.
Access to HE Diplomas are a highly regarded and successful route into university for adult learners who may lack traditional qualifications. As well as enhancing your general education, these courses are tailored to enable progression onto Higher Education courses or professional advanced training.
Use our search feature to find out more information about all the Access to HE courses that we offer.
Who can apply?
If you are interested in studying an Access to HE (Higher Education) Diploma in Devon through Petroc, below are some of the attributes that we are looking for:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent). Applicants for the Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery, Medical Science, Health and Social Care and Teaching – Science Route will also need Science GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent). If you do not currently hold a grade C, why not take a look at our range of GCSE courses which we offer free of charge.
- A dedicated commitment to study a full-time course which, at times, can be very challenging.
- A clear idea of which subject you would like to study at university, which can also help us get you onto the right course.
- Evidence of recent study. Although this isn't completely necessary, it does help us identify which course would be best suited for you.
- If you wish to take on an Access to HE course but feel your confidence and study skills could do with a boost, you may be interested in enrolling on our Access to Access course.
Find your perfect course:
Please select a campus to view the range of Access courses available