Health Futures Hub
There are currently around 90,000 vacancies in the NHS, on top of more than 120,000 vacancies in social care. And with its ageing population, health and care is one of the main sectors that will continue to grow in Devon.
With this in mind, Petroc has opened a new facility - The Health Futures Hub - at our Mid Devon campus, which will address the region's health and care workforce crisis and boost local jobs. Working in partnership with the NHS, care sector employers, other colleges and the University of Plymouth, we’re aiming to help shape the future of health and care provision.
The Health Futures Hub will boast a brand-new Clinical Simulation Suite, which creates different clinical environments where you can practice skills and develop your knowledge using equipment and simulators. As well as the exceptional facilities, our passionate industry-professional tutors will keep you abreast of the latest developments in the health and care sector, enabling you to be at the top of your chosen career.
With strong relationships and a wealth of experience in this sector, we are excited to be a pivotal part of developing healthcare excellence.
The social and clinical care courses offered at our Mid Devon campus provide a clear progression route for all learners at any level:
- Adult Care - Level 2
- Lead Adult Care - Level 3
- Care Leadership & Management Certificate - Level 4
- Care Leadership & Management - Level 5
- FdSc Health and Social Care - Level 5
- Healthcare Support Worker - Level 2
- Senior Health Care Support Worker - Level 3
- FdSc Healthcare Assistant Practitioner - Level 5
- Nursing Associate - Level 4/5
- BA Hons Professional Development (Health and Social Care) - Level 6