HOSTED BY THE UNIVERSITY CENTRE AT PETROC
8:30am – 3:00pm (lunch included)
The South West is leading a UK revolution in renewable and green technologies, with an ambition to become the greenest economy in England and the first to reach net zero.
By 2045, Floating Offshore Wind (FLOW) production in the Celtic Sea aims to supply a quarter of the UK’s energy requirements, alongside clean propulsion, aquaculture and green hydrogen all heralding an exciting era of innovation and new business growth. These developments provide the opportunity to transform the economy of Northern Devon within a UNESCO biosphere, to grow and create new businesses, and to offer exciting world-class careers across a broad range of sectors.
Want to find out more about these exciting opportunities on your doorstep?
Join us at our Marine Futures Conference where you will gain valuable insight into the timescales and supply chain realities of FLOW.
8:30-10:00am: Refreshments and Exhibition
- Welcome and introduction – Sean Mackney, Principal, Petroc , Leader of Torridge District Council, Leader of North Devon Council
- Context: Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult – Julie Taylor, Innovation Manager
- Appledore Clean Maritime Innovation Centre: Bringing a FLOW focus point to northern Devon – Chris Fuller, Torridge District Council
- The realities of the supply chain plan – Tim Stiven, Crown Estate
- Lessons from Hinkley Point C – Alex Perkis, Managing Director, TCi Ltd
- Getting your future workforce right – Dr Caroline Chipperfield, Petroc
- What support is available to grow your business? – Chair: Chris Fuller, TDC; Louise Cilanti, pH3; Stephen Taylor-Jones, North Devon+; Henry Bomby, SWELL; Dominie Dunbrook, NDC; Graham Harrison, National Composites Centre; Julie Taylor, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
- Panel: Is it worth the effort? Why should my business invest in FLOW readiness? Chair: Pete Morrish, CTMG; Graham Harrison, National Composites Centre; Tim Stiven, Crown Estate; Fiona Chamberlain, DiT; Dr Deborah Watson, Innovate UK Edge; Ben Gibbs, TCi; Sioban Butler, Gwynt Glas Procurement Lead, EDF Renewables UK
1:00-2:00pm – Refreshments and Exhibition
GWYNT GLAS SOUTH WEST SUPPLY CHAIN BRIEFING
22 June 2023
Marine Futures B2B Conference, Petroc
Gwynt Glas, an EDF Renewables UK & DP Energy partnership who are to develop floating offshore wind in the Celtic Sea, will be hosting a Supply Chain Briefing Event for regional business to attend directly after the Marine Futures B2B Conference.
Find out more and register for the Gwynt Glas Supply Chain Briefing Event here.