The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a flagship government programme for young people aged 15 to 17. Offering something for everyone, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to find your identity, take control of your life and channel your energy into making a real difference to society.
The most exciting and rewarding times of your life really are closer than you might think - here's what you'll be saying yes to…
- Growing your confidence
- Making new friends
- Developing skills employers want and get a killer CV
- Making your UCAS personal statement stand out
- Accessing unforgettable NCS Events and Opportunities
The NCS website has loads of case studies, videos and information for you to have a look at!
Meet the Team
Before the programme starts, we’ll put on induction days which will give you a great opportunity to have a taste of the activities you’ll be experiencing on the programme, and meet the people you’ll be going on the journey with.
You will enjoy an action-packed residential trip at a fantastic outdoor adventure activity centre. You can try something new, face your fears, make new friends, develop new skills and create the memories of a lifetime!
Creative and Community Planning
During the creative and community planning activities, you will meet up with your team in a venue in your local area. You'll get creative and learn new business, media and life skills, and interact with a range of inspirational speakers, local business leaders and charities that have a real effect on both your own, and the wider, community.
You and your team will use your newly developed skills to plan, publicise and deliver your very own Social Action Project. This is your chance to make a real, positive impact on your local community, to a cause that matters to you.
Celebrate all of your hard work and success at the NCS graduation event. You will reunite with your team, recognise your achievements and remember the good times. You will also receive an NCS certificate signed by the Prime Minister!
How much does NCS cost?
NCS will never cost more than £50. However, if this is an issue, the NCS team will help you to see if you are eligible for a bursary to cover the cost of the programme.
When does NCS run?
NCS 2019 will run during the summer school break. We have three start dates with each programme running for four weeks on the following dates: 24 June, 22 July and 29 July.
- During Phase 1 you will stay 5 days (4 nights) at an outdoor activity centre. You will try activities like archery, rock climbing, abseiling and kayaking.
- During Phase 2 you will stay 5 days (4 nights) near your home community learning about independent living. The team will learn to budget, cook and shop. In addition to this, your team will take place in various skill-building sessions to boost your confidence and your CV’s!
- During Phase 3 you will spend 10 days (non-residential) near your home community planning and delivering a social action project that is going to benefit the local community.
- Once all phases are completed, each participant will attend a graduation ceremony where you will pick up a certificate signed by the Prime Minister.
Your NCS journey starts here...
If you like what you see, then email us to register your details. We’ll get in touch and will tell you why taking part in NCS will be the best decision you’ve ever made. Find out more information today, call the NCS team on 01271 852429 or text 07791 107844. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fancy working for us?
We are currently on the hunt for more NCS Group Leaders to join our team. If you fancy enjoying the summer of a lifetime whilst also ending up with some money in your pocket, we’d love to hear from you. Group Leaders must be 18+, enthusiastic and willing to give everything a go. For more information please get in touch using the information above or have a look at the NCS website.