If you are 16-19 years old then you have two main choices for furthering your education at college:
- You be enrolled on a full time Study Programme; or
- You will have found a job with an employer who has taken you on as an apprentice, and Petroc will be providing the training in partnership with your employer.
If you are enrolled on a full time Study Programme, this will be delivered at college over a Monday – Friday working week. A Study Programme is made up of several parts:
- The main subject qualification(s)
- GCSE or Functional Skills Maths and English for those learners with grade 4 or less
- Online and professional tutorials providing support both for academic progress and university and careers advice
- Classroom based skills training for employment
- External work experience
- An option to participate in a choice of sport or arts activities.
Each Study Programme either leads to the next level in the subject choice (for instance a Level 2 Information Technology Study Programme will lead onto a Level 3 Information Technology Study programme which in turn leads to university), or into employment. Employment after successfully completing either a Level 2 or a Level 3 Study Programme may also lead onto employment as an apprentice.
Study Programmes are available at Entry Level and at Level 1 – all Study Programmes take account of your starting point and entry qualifications and are designed to support learning, development and growth leading to employment or further and higher education.
To discuss and understand the options and routes available for 16–19 year olds please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre at North Devon on 01271 852422 or Mid Devon on 01884 235 330.