If you are 16-19 years old then you have two main choices for furthering your education at college:
- You will be enrolled on a full time Study Programme; or
- You will have found a job with an employer who has taken you on as an apprentice, and Petroc will be providing the training in partnership with your employer.
If you are enrolled on a full time Study Programme, this will be delivered at college over a Monday – Friday working week. A Study Programme is made up of different parts including:
- Academic, Vocational or Technical professional qualification
- Maths and English language development (if required)
- External work experience and/or employability skills; or an Industrial Placement
- Digital literacy
- Online learning
- Careers, Advice & Guidance
- Enrichment activities
- Tutorial sessions and Personal Development
- Self-directed study
- An option to participate in a choice of sport or arts activities, trip visits and competitions.
Each Study Programme has a career pathway which either leads to the next level in the subject choice, employment or a place at University. Progression after successfully completing either a Level 2 or a Level 3 Study Programme may also lead to starting an Apprenticeship.
Study Programmes are available at Entry Level and at Level 1 – all Study Programmes take account of your starting point and entry qualifications and are designed to support learning, development and growth leading to employment or further and higher education.
To discuss and understand the options and routes available for 16–19 year olds please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre at North Devon on 01271 852422 or Mid Devon on 01884 235 330.