important information for year 11s
Starting at college can seem like a daunting prospect for some - but the team at Petroc are here to help you every step of the way. Whether you need help choosing a course, have questions about entry requirements, or want advice on travel, just reach out and contact us.
We'll keep this page regularly updated throughout the year so you know what to expect and when.
Countdown to College:
Whether you have selected a course but don't know what to do next, or haven't yet chosen a course and aren't sure where to start, this countdown guide should help you with your next steps:
- Research our courses:
- Attend one of our open events
- Speak to our Advice & Guidance Team
- Visit our Post-16 Choices website which will take you through your options, step by step.
- Apply for a course(s) - see below!
- Look at other potential options if needed.
- Attend a course interview/advice and guidance call - you'll receive an invite by post or email.
- Receive/accept your course offer.
- Prepare for your start of term - plan travel, equipment and more.
- Attend Welcome Week - you'll be sent details closer to the start of term.
- Start college!
How to apply:
- You can apply for as many different vocational course options as you are interested in and/or 3 A Levels.
- You can search for a course by name at the search bar on the Home Page, or by looking at the course information pages:
- Once you have found a course you are interested in, click the red apply button on that course information page, this will add it to your basket. You can apply for multiple courses at once, but add them all to your basket before you continue your application.
- Once you have added the course(s) to your basket, head up to the top right-hand corner of the website where you will see the basket symbol. Check your courses and continue your application.
- It will ask you multiple questions in regard to you and your emergency contact/correspondent.
- Please ensure anyone you would like to be able to speak on your behalf is down as a correspondent.
- You do not need to have a National Insurance number to apply.
- Please provide a personal email address rather than your school email.
- We are aware that you may not know your predicted grades, so please put TBC (To Be Confirmed) in the grade boxes.
- After you have submitted your application, you will receive an email from Petroc confirming your application and information with regard to interview dates within 28 days, so please remember to check your emails regularly.
What happens after applying?:
Once you’ve applied for your course, you can track your application by logging into your myPetroc student account. You can log in through our website by clicking on the ‘student’ log in and entering your account details. These are emailed to you when you apply. You can also download the myPetroc app for quick and easy access.