As part of our commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we encourage students and staff to travel sustainably where possible. Active and sustainable travel has a wide range of benefits:
- Improves health and wellbeing
- Reduces congestion
- Improves local air quality
- Quieter and safer streets
- Improved community relationships
- Financial savings
Sustainable travel options
If you plan to walk or cycle to college, we have a range of recourses to help you on your journey.
- Check out our downloadable maps for cycle routes around our North Devon and Mid Devon campuses
- Visit Travel Devon to get your free personalised travel plan
- Visit the Sustrans website for information about active and sustainable travel
- Find a group of people to walk or cycle to college with every day to keep you motivated!
Petroc, in partnership with North Devon Council, is hosting a Voi long term rental e-scooter trial, offering our students and staff a carbon-neutral, flexible and cost-effective alternative to other modes of transport.
In line with Petroc’s commitment to tackling the climate emergency, e-scooters have a lower environmental footprint, with huge potential to improve air quality and reduce climate change.
What you need to rent an e-scooter:
- A valid driving licence / provisional license
- Be over 16 years old
- Be a student (or member of staff) at Petroc
- Agree to Voi’s user terms and conditions and have an active Voi user account
You are able to ride inside the operating area as shown on this map. There are no-ride and slow ride zones as marked. Any non-compliant behaviour (e.g. dangerous riding, drunk riding) could result in penalty points on your licence.
E-scooters are rented on a rolling monthly basis at £35pm. You can cancel at any time at least 10 calendar days before the end of the current calendar month. Otherwise, you will be charged for the following month. Following cancellation, you will have to return the scooter, the charger and the lock provided at the beginning of the contract to Petroc.
Register for your e-scooter.