Walking and cycling to college
We encourage students and staff to walk or cycle to college wherever possible. Active and sustainable travel has a wide range of benefits:
- Improves health and wellbeing
- Reduces congestion
- Improves local air quality
- Quieter and safer streets
- Improved community relationships
- Financial savings
How can you make active travel choices?
- Check out our downloadable maps on the side of this page for cycle routes around our Barnstaple and Tiverton Campuses
- Visit Travel Devon to get your free personalised travel plan
- Visit the Sustrans website for information about active and sustainable travel
- Find a group of people to walk or cycle to college with every day to keep you motivated!
Sustrans are a charity who work with Petroc College to help students transform their everyday journeys. Using their unique insight, they support students and staff in choosing to walk and cycle for more of their everyday journeys. For more information on this project or to get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org