Certificate In Assessing Vocational Achievement
This qualification is designed to provide you with the understanding, knowledge and skills needed to assess both vocational and work-based competency qualifications.
The qualification comprises three mandatory units (15 credits):
– Understand the principles and practices of assessment
– Be able to assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
– Be able to assess occupational competence in the work environment
You will be expected to undertake a range of assessments (in the range of environments) with live students as well as attending team standardisation meetings.
You will provide a portfolio of evidence showing your assessment of learners’ knowledge, understanding and comptetence
You will also be observed undertaking a practical assessment with a learner.
You must be aged 19+ and have technical competence in the area you wish to assess. You MUST have access to current students who are studying suitable programmes of learning (which requires formal assessment). It is highly recommended that you have a discipline-specific mentor.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress to the following job roles:
– Assessor in the vocational education sector
– Assessor in the work-based education sector
This qualification provides progression onto:
– Active IQ Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
– Active IQ Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.