The Advice & Guidance Centre Team is your first stop for impartial and confidential information. They offer advice and guidance to both current and prospective students to help support every element of your progression, achievement and student experience at Petroc.
What can the Advice & Guidance Centre help with?
Amongst many other things, the Advice & Guidance Centre can help with:
What additional support can the Advice & Guidance Centre offer?
The Guidance Centre also provides additional support by liaising with or referring learners internally and externally to:
Petroc learners are at the heart of the Advice & Guidance Centre and if our team can’t answer a question, they’ll go above and beyond to find someone who can.
What does Confidentiality mean for me?
Your privacy is of utmost importance to our Advice & Guidance Team who are committed to the Data Protection policy and respect and honour its contents through working practice and procedures.
- Delivering an open, impartial and non-judgement approach
- Ensuring that confidential information disclosed remains private within the Advice & Guidance Team.
- Ensuring that data held is kept secure and free from loss, damage or access by undisclosed persons
- Encouraging students to allow information to be disclosed to other parties, ONLY when this would benefit the learner (this may include college staff, parents or external support agencies for example).
- Ensuring that information discussed is not disclosed to other parties without the student’s permission unless there is a serious threat of harm to the learner or others
- There is a legal requirement (e.g. Child Protection or a Court Order for example)
Contact the Advice & Guidance Centre