The Advice & Guidance Team is your first stop for impartial and confidential information.
They offer advice and guidance to both current and prospective students to help support every element of your progression, achievement and experience at Petroc. Whether you're a school leaver looking to take on a full-time course or an adult learner looking to learn a new skill or hobby, our dedicated, professional team can help you on your journey from selecting the right course through to understanding the grades required for entry and then supporting you with your application.
Amongst many other things, the team can help with:
Appointments with the Advice and Guidance Team
The Advice and Guidance Centre at the North Devon Campus now has limited opening hours to meet learners who cannot access their services via the telephone or email.
Please continue to make contact with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01271 852422 to discuss any issues or make an enquiry. However, if this is not possible please make an appointment to meet with us.
All Bursary and Travel applications must be made online by logging into your ‘myPetroc’ and can be found under ‘Services’. If you are having problems logging on, please contact ITsupport@petroc.ac.uk.
The Advice and Guidance Centre at the Mid Devon Campus is still closed on site at the moment, but the team is available via email or telephone should you require any assistance. They can be contacted on 01884 235245 or email email@example.com.
What additional support can the Advice & Guidance Team offer?
The Advice & Guidance Team also provides additional support by liaising with or referring learners internally and externally to:
Petroc learners are at the heart of the team and if we can’t answer a question, we’ll go above and beyond to find someone who can.
What does Confidentiality mean for me?
Your privacy is of utmost importance to our Advice & Guidance Team who are committed to the Data Protection policy and respect and honour its contents through working practice and procedures. This includes:
- Delivering an open, impartial and non-judgement approach
- Ensuring that confidential information disclosed remains private within the Advice & Guidance Team.
- Ensuring that data held is kept secure and free from loss, damage or access by undisclosed persons
- Encouraging students to allow information to be disclosed to other parties, ONLY when this would benefit the learner (this may include college staff, parents or external support agencies for example).
- Ensuring that information discussed is not disclosed to other parties without the student’s permission unless there is a serious threat of harm to the learner or others
- There is a legal requirement (e.g. Child Protection or a Court Order for example)
Contact the Advice & Guidance Team:
North Devon: 01271 852422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Devon: 01884 235330 or email@example.com