Media Studies A Level
On this exciting Media Studies A Level, you will view, evaluate and analyse a variety of media products, and develop a range of practical skills. The topics are varied and diverse and will help you to
develop research and problem-solving skills as well as explore your own creativity.
During the course, you will study the following topics:
– Media language, media representations and media audiences.
– The film industry
– Advertising and marketing
– Music videos – production, marketing and audience
– Newspaper and radio – production, marketing and audience
You will be assessed via coursework (30%) and two exams at the end of the course: Media One: 2 hours (35%) and Media Two: 2 hours (35%).
To be accepted onto this Level 3 programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English Language.
Your English Language must be a grade 5.
Successful completion of this course can lead to a degree course, apprenticeship or employment in areas such as communications, journalism, film, marketing and sociology.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.