Step Up To A Levels (SUTA)
If you haven’t achieved the grades you hoped for to move on to A Levels, then this course is for you.
The course has been designed to help you achieve grade 4 or above in a suite of GCSE courses so that you can progress onto your chosen A Level programme.
You will study up to 5 GCSEs that follow a combined humanities and science pathway. This includes:
– Combined Science
You will also have the opportunity to undertake Progression Studies where you will complete work at A Level standard in preparation for progression onto your chosen A Level programme.
You will be assessed through externally marked exams.
You will need to have achieved at least 3 GCSEs in grade 3 and above, with the reasonable chance of gaining a grade 4 once you have completed the programme. If you have not previously studied GCSEs, you will be required to undertake English and Maths assessments as part of the interview process.
Upon successful completion of the programme, and with good attendance, you will be able to progress onto A Levels.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.