Digital Production, Design and Development T Level
T Levels combine core knowledge and skills needed to work in your chosen industry sector with a technical qualification, and a substantial work placement of at least 315 hours. Relevant English, mathematics and digital content are embedded in the programme of study. The content of the Digital Production, Design and Development T Level is designed to get you ready for a career in the digital sector, one that is identified as having a significant and growing skills shortage.
The core content of this T Level will focus on developing your knowledge, and understanding of concepts, theories and core skills related to Digital Production, Design and Development. The course has been designed by people who do the job and covers all relevant areas needed to help you become a competent, confident addition to the sector.
Within this course you will learn about the following topics:
– Emerging issues and impact of digital
– Legislation and regulatory requirements
– Business context
– Digital environments
You will study Design and Development as your occupational specialism.
Units will be assessed through written work, practical assessments, presentations, portfolios and observations.
To be accepted onto this T Level programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above. This must include grade 5 in Maths and English Language.
Progression from this qualification could be to degree-level study or directly into employment.
Facilities and resources
We have a suite of well equipped IT rooms, with high spec PCs offering a range of programming environments. Your course will be supported with online materials through Google Classrooms.
Q: Is there an age restriction for T Levels?
A: Yes, T Levels are for learners aged 16-19.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.