Student STE(A)M Leads
STE(A)M Leads are any student who has an interest in being involved in any aspect of the workshops or events that Petroc are engaged with related to STEM or SEAM projects.
If you would like to get involved please email STEM@petroc.ac.uk to receive further information and application form – or just turn up to one of the advertised sessions.
At Petroc we team up with STEM Learning to promote and support STEM Ambassador activity.
STEM Ambassadors are volunteers from a wide range of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) related jobs and disciplines across the UK. They offer their time and enthusiasm to help bring STEM subjects to life and demonstrate the value of them in life and careers.
Being a STEM Ambassador as a student is an excellent career builder and you will be able to evidence key workplace characteristics by taking part.
Process in becoming a student STEM Ambassador (You must be 18 years old or over):
- Follow this link and register your interest: https://www.stem.org.uk/stem-ambassadors
- Complete this online learning course to provide you with the full understanding of the role:
- Email STEM@petroc.ac.uk to let them know you are registered STEM Ambassador and we will:
- Add you to our college database and include you in all STEM activities, so you can decided whether you would like to be involved or not.
- Provide a reference for you when you leave regarding your work as STEM Ambassador.
- Will approve character badges you recognise as relating to your experiences as a STEM Ambassador to support future job applications or UCAS applications.